Notice at Collection
The purpose of this “Notice at Collection of Personal Information” is to provide you, as a California resident, with timely notice (at or before the point of collection) about the categories of personal information we (AnimationExplorer Co., Ltd.) collect from you and the purposes for which the personal information will be used.
The categories of personal information about you that we may collect are the following:
- Identifiers, such as your name, username, postal address, online identifier, IP address and email address.
- Personal information categories described in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as your name, address and telephone number.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as your age and sex.
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased.
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as browsing history, search history, browser type and operating system, information regarding your interaction with our website or applications, or with advertisements.
- Information you provide, such as information you may decide to post on your profile, through your account or through community features, such as photographs, friends, biographies, anime or manga related lists and favorites, comments, posts, reviews, ratings, recommendations and other information or content.
We collect this personal information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Advertising: In order to provide you with free access to our content, we and third parties display advertisements and other content on our website or applications, many of which are targeted based on information about you. Through this process, advertisers reach users who are most interested in their products, and you see advertising for products or services in which you may be interested.
- Email Communications: We may use the information that we collect to send you email communications, such as emails about your account or changes to our website or applications, and promotional messages about our and our affiliates’ or marketing partners' products and services.
- Request Fulfillment: We may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for products, services, and information. We may use your contact information to respond to your customer service requests or to enable you to participate in features on the website or applications such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
- User Accounts: To provide you with an open and civil, discussion forum, we track user involvement in our community discussions. Our forum moderators monitor discussions and delete comments that we deem inappropriate in our forums.
- Statistical Analysis: In order to learn more about how our website or applications is used, we aggregate and analyze the data that we collect. We may use this information, for example, to better tailor our content and design to suit our users’ needs or to increase our website’s functionality.
- Support, Personalization and Security: We may use the information we collect to provide support for and personalize our website and applications and our products and services, and to create, maintain and secure your account. We may also use the information we collect to develop and improve and to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, applications, products and services.
We share certain “identifiers” personal information (described above) with third party advertisers, or allow such advertisers to collect identifiers on our website and applications. This disclosure of personal information may be considered a “sale” of personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). To opt-out of the sale of this information, you can click on the “Do not sell my data” link available on our homepage and other pages of this website. You will then have the option of clicking on a toggle button or checking a box and confirming your choice to opt-out. You may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by clicking on the “Do not sell my data” link again and unchecking the box or clicking on the toggle button again and confirming your choice to opt back in.